I’ve added 3 new Quotes!
Suggestive directness: “If you didn’t beat around the bush, I wouldn’t have wanted to know what lies behind it.”
Vain spotting: “Is it a small world, or are we getting too popular?”
Suggestive generosity: “Free rides on me!”
Here’s a continuation from my previous blog post about my new Geforce 4 and 19″ monitor!
I’m getting a better 6962 points (though my system is expected to get 5 digits) in 3D Mark 2001 Second Edition now. Updated my drivers and AGP drivers, but it’s still reported as a PCI card! Weird.
I’ve gotten myself a male-to-male (ooo…) RCA cable to connect my Geforce 4 to my VCR. Coolness! However, there are problems:
– the TV is a 14″ while my monitor is 19″. 😛
– the TV’s refresh rate is 30 Hertz while the monitor’s is 100 Hertz.
– the TV is mounted high above like a wall fan.
– the TV makes a noisier, high-pitched sound than the monitor.
The good parts:
– images are sharp, though text is not readable.
– the TV encoder in my Geforce 4 supports up to a resolution of 1024×768.
– if the views are cloned, the screen with the lower resolution (in this case the TV) can have a panned screen! That means moving the mouse from one corner of the screen to the other results in the TV’s view moving.
– I can record demos… literally! Now to get some blank VHS tapes for my VCR… 😉