Yes, people will berate me for this, but at least I posted this in the same month. Here comes pictures from the Troubadours International Women’s Day gig, on the 5th of March 2006 at La Bodega KL.
Again, I was lazy, so I’ll chuck them all in one picture (to save bandwidth) and list them, left to right, top to bottom:
- Ida Lisa Zahran, or whatever you call this acoustic singer-songwriter.
- Jasemaine Gan sounding confident in this cosy setup, with a small crowd.
- Rhapsody, bestest ever undiscovered jazzy duo.
- Zalila Lee and Jerral Khor (yes he is male, and he did a fantastic cover of Dave Matthews Band – Ants Marching. Plus he sounds like him.)
- Khai Lee (also male) explaining what Project Bazooka is about.
- Jaclyn Kee reading a story about a little red riding… clitoris. Gotta dig her shirt though, it says, “I like my boobs“. She was also at the last Paul’s Place Press Conference about the raid.
- Melina of Tempered Mental on acoustic. A must-see! She plays all the memorable riffs from her progressive rock band while singing effortlessly! Her voice is confident, clear and defined when distorted guitar and drums have been cut away. The only other band I can think of that sounds just as great on just acoustic guitar is Duan of Seven Collar T-Shirt.
- Finally, Jaz reads us some moving poetry.